来源：网络 发布时间：2014-08-19 作者：上外口译培训
21. He remained calm In the face of the impending danger.
A. terrific B. trivial C. astonishing D. imminent
22. “Holmes!” I whispered. “What on earth are you doing in this disgusting place?”
A. humble B. unpleasant C. underprivileged D. noisy
23. The futility of the program resulted from poor planning. A. possible failure in the future
B. ineffectiveness and uselessness C. blindness to its mistakes D. potential disaster
24. Construction of the gigantic office building in this city was for years intermittent
A. stopping and starting at intervals B. something that will happen soon
C. being watched with keen interest D. anything that comes and goes
25. Although many modifications have been made in it, the game known in the United States as football can be traced directly to the English game of rugby.
A. rules B. changes C. demands D. leagues www.ExamW.CoM
26. Your silence implies countenancing his abject behavior; therefore please clarify your stand to him.
A. supporting B. obscuring C. concealing D. assisting
27. The graduate committee must be in full accord in their approval of a dissertation.
A. indecisive B. sullen C. vocal D. unanimous
28. We regret being unable to entertain your request for providing free boarding to 15 sportsmen for two weeks.
A. receive B. comply C. coincide D. consider
29. Justices of the peace have jurisdiction over the trials of some civil suits and of criminal cases involving minor offenses.
A. superiority B. authority C. guidance D. consider
30. One of the things we have to do to prevent a pandemic is to make sure people understand and know what they can do to minimize the commotion.
A. command B. collusion C. turmoil D. tutelage
31. One of the effective ways to lessen environmental pollution is the reservation and protection of more swamps.
A. vast thick corals B. pockets of wet land C. warm volcanoes D.millions of bees and wasps
32. The word “wrath” in The Grapes of Wrath by the Nobel prize winner John Steinbeck probably means:
A. great anger B. large crowds C. hard labor D. sudden storms
33. The artist spent years on his monumental painting, which covered the whole roof of the church, the biggest in the country.
A. archaic B. sentimental C. outstanding D. entire
34. The ancient Jewish people regarded themselves as the salt of the earth, the chosen few by God to rule the world.
A. outcast B. elite C. nomad D. disciple
35. Many of the electric and electronic products we purchase and consume today are what some industrial experts call “homogenous toys”.
A. identical B. homosexual C.unrelated D. distinguishable
答案：21. D 22. B 23. B 24. A 25. B 26. A 27. D 28. D 29. B 30. C 31. B 32. A 33. C 34. B 35 .A