来源：网络 发布时间：2015-01-23 作者：上外培训网
SECTION 1 LISTENING TEST 45 minutes
Part A Spot Dictation
Directions: In this part of the test, you will hear a passage and read the same passage with blanks in it. Fill in each of the blanks with the word or words you have heard on the tape. Write your answer in the corresponding space in your ANSWER BOOKLET. Remember you will hear the passage ONLY ONCE.
For centuries, people have been fighting over whether governments should allow trade between countries. There have been, and probably always will be two sides to the argument.
Some people argue that just letting everybody trade freely is best for both the country and the world. Others argue, that trade with other countries makes it harder for some people to make a good living.
Both sides are at least partly right. International trade matters a lot. It's a fact on the life of people are enormous. Imagine a world in which your country did not trade at all with other countries. Imagine what kind of job you would be likely to get. And what goods you could buy or not buy in such a world. For the United States for example, start by imagining that it lived without its 70 billion dollars a year in imported oil, and cut back on its energy use because the remaining domestic oil and other energy sources were more expensive. Producers and consumers in other parts of the economy would feel the same if they were suddenly stripped a oreign-made goods like CD players and clothing. On the export side, suppose that Boeing could sell airplanes, and farmers could sell their corps only within the United States, and that US universities could admit only domestic students. In each case, there are people who gain, and people who lose from cutting off international trade. In any case, less or more international trade will have strong affects on your career, as well as your life. For years, American companies are often faced with the choice of buying American-made goods which are expensive, and foreign made goods which are cheap. If the company buys America goods, it may anger tax payers by feeling to keep prices low. But if they buy us foreign goods, it may endanger the jobs of American workers. Recently, congress has passed a law compiling American companies with government contracts to give preference to domestic goods and services.
Part B Listening Comprehension
1. Are you looking for someone who can translate this contract into Portuguese? What about our new secretary? I hear she had stayed in Brazil for several years.
2. Finding employment is not easy these days even in big cities. If I were you, I would be delighted with such a job offer.
3. Also present at the conference is Dr. Madison, who will join our discussion this afternoon to give an expert view on the current situation of global economy.
4. If you intend to try bungee jumping, most coutries require that you be over the age of 18 and join a bungee jumping club or be properly instructed for the sport.
5. Keeping a business firm running is far more difficult than starting it. According to current statistics, 2/3 of new business firms will fail in the first five years.
6. Scientists report that hunting or eating wild animals not only destroy the balance of nature, but also run the risk of being infected by virus from animals.
7. We can never learn a foreign language in the same way as we acquire our first. For even a three-year-old child can have thousands of hours of contact with his mothertongue.
8. Once you enroll in full or part-time courses at this college, our services are all free of charge except that you pay 30 pence a copy for any photo copying made here.
9. If you have yet to appoint a new sale's manager in charge of our LA office, Mrs. Coleman was born there and has good connections.
10. Suppose the gasoline tank of your car holds twenty gallons, and you average 16 miles to the gallon, how far can you drive on a tank-full-gasoline?
1. two sides
2. letting everybody trade freely
3. makes it harder
4. partly right
5. the life of people
6. did not trade
7. likely to get
8. 70 billon dollar
9. energy use
10. more expensive
11. feel the same
13. only within
14. domestic students
15. cutting off
16. strong effects
17. American-made goods
20. give preference to
最难的莫过于最后一句，考生乍一听可能不知所云，但我们在课堂上提到过数字题的考法无非两种――直接答案型和计算，而计算也不会超出加减乘除的范围。因此只要记下20 gallons和16 miles的关键字，应该能想到将两者相乘。