2008年9月中级口译真题中英互译及解析

来源:网络   发布时间:2015-02-03   作者:上外培训网

  SECTION 3: TRANSLATION TEST (1) (30 minutes)

  Directions: Translate the following passage into Chinese and write your version in the corresponding space in your ANSWER BOOKLET.

  In a slowing U.S. economy, job opportunities are shaped by uncertainty. As president of a small college, I am keenly aware of the job market that awaits this year’s graduates. The recent news that Bear Stearns was nullifying a few hundred job offers to business school students fits a pattern of corporate downsizing that isn’t lost on college campuses across the USA. But even with the darkening economic clouds, rays of good news await this year’s graduates. Sure, companies are laying off workers, but many are also looking for new talent, especially at the entry level.

  As more than a million entrants flood the job market, students should know that in a global marketplace, language skills will go a long way. So will flexibility. If a grad is ready to accept an entry-level job, give a little on job requirements and move if the company asks, chances are he’ll land a job. So despite the rising job losses, a new graduate should embrace the market as the first challenge of a long career.

  SECTION 4: TRANSLATION TEST (2) (30 minutes)

  Directions: Translate the following passage into English and write your version in the corresponding space in your ANSWER BOOKLET.

  据消息灵通人士透露,今年春节前,家乐福才与新大新发生”第一次亲密接触”,其中广州市政府无疑起了”红娘”的作用。短短几个月时间,双方”情投意合”。外界关心的是:家乐福到底看中新大新什么地方?

  对此,新大新总经理何先生没有作出正面的回应,只是笼统地陈述在广州的百货业中新大新有自己独特的一面。据何先生透露,这次新大新出资持有新组建的公司35%的股份,家乐福占65%:”这是按照国家有关部门政策,即中方持股不得少于35%的规定厘定的”。

  SECTION 3:TRANSLATION TEST(1)

  美国经济发展速度日益减缓,工作机遇日益凸显不稳定性。身为一所小型高校的校长,我时刻关注今年毕业生面临的就业市场。最新消息报道了贝尔斯登公司撤销了为商学院毕业生提供的数百个职位,这正是公司裁员的通常做法。而全美的大学也随之降低招生规模。但即使经济前景惨淡,今年的毕业生还是有望找到工作。诚然,众多公司纷纷裁员,但其中许多也正寻求新的人才,尤其是低端职位。

  超过百万的职场新人像潮水般涌入劳动力市场,学生们应该认识到,在全球市场环境下,语言技巧至关重要,灵活性也同样不可或缺。如果毕业生愿意接受起点低的工作,就工作要求做出一些让步,如果公司要求也不介意搬至其他城市工作,那么他就有可能得到一份工作。因此,即使失业情况日益严重,毕业生还是可以将找工作视作一份长远职业的第一次挑战。

 

  【答案】

  SECTION 3 TRANSLATION TEST(1)

  美国经济发展速度日益减缓,工作机遇日益凸显不稳定性。身为一所小型高校的校长,我时刻关注今年毕业生面临的就业市场。最新消息报道了贝尔斯登公司 撤销了为商学院毕业生提供的数百个职位,这正是公司裁员的通常做法。而全美的大学耶随之降低招生规模。但即使经济前景惨淡,今年的毕业生还是有望找到工 作。诚然,众多公司纷纷裁员,但其中许多也正寻求新的人才,尤其是地段职位。

  超过百万的职场新人像潮水般涌入劳动力市场,学生们应该认识到,在全球市场环境下,语言技巧只管重要,灵活性也同样不可或缺。如果毕业生愿意接受起 点低的工作,就工作要求做出一些让步,如果公司要求也不介意搬至其他城市工作,那么他就有可能得到一份工作。因此,即使事业情况日益严重,毕业生还是可以 找到工作视作一份长远职业的第一次挑战。 SECTION 4 TRANSLATION TEST (2)

  According to a well-informed source, it was before this year's Spring Festival that Carrefour made its"first intimate contact" with Xindaxin company.Without doubt the Guangzhou Municipal Government served as the"matchmaker".The two parties"had an affinity for each other" in only a few months.What on carth is Xindaxin's appeal to Carrefour? It is of great concern to the outsiders/the public.

  Mr He,general manager of Xindaxin,instead of giving any positive response to this question,just made a general/ambiguous replly that Xindaxin boasts its uniqueness in the department stores industry in Guangzhou.Mr He disclosed that Xindaxin holds 35% of the shares of the newly-established company while Carrefour owns the other 65%:"which is in conformity with the policies of departments concerned,stipulating that the Chinese side must hold no less than 35% of the shares."

  SECTION 4:TRANSLATION TEST(2)

  As disclosed by a well-informed source, the “first intimate contact” between Carrefour and Xindaxin(XDX) was not conducted until the dawn of this year’s Spring Festival, with Guangzhou municipal government, not surprisingly, serving as the “matchmaker”. The contact quickly developed into “affinity” between the two parties within a short period of a few months. What is XDX’s appeal to Carrefour? This question is now the concern of the public.

  Mr. He, general manager of XDX, did not elaborate on direct response to this question. He stressed XDX’s “uniqueness” in Guangzhou’s retailing industry but with no specific details. As disclosed by Mr. He, XDX will hold 35% of the new joint venture’s shares, while Carrefour holding the rest 65%, which, is “in compliance with the policies decreed by state authorities concerned, i.e. Chinese companies should hold no less than 35% shares of a JV”.

 

  相关推荐>>

  最全上海市外语口译证书考试报考常见问题解答

  更多中级口译真题

相关课程推荐:

口译类型 班级名称 课程模块 保障服务 查看详情
基础口译 基础口译暑假签约保过班
基础口译听力影子训练
基础口译口语强化
基础口译记忆训练
1.专职班主任服务
2.享免费复读
报名
中级口译 中级口译签约保过班
中级口译综述和速记秘笈
中级口译阅读技巧、速度提高
中级口译王牌翻译英汉互译
中级口译强势听力与实战练习
中级口译情景口译
中级口译冲刺强化内容
中级口译历年真题点评
中级口译模考实战
1.专职班主任服务
2.享免费复读
报名
中级口译暑假签约保过班
中级口译寒假签约保过班
高级口译 高级口译签约保过班
高口阅读技巧与速度提高
高口情景口译
历年真题点评与模考实战
高口王牌翻译英汉互译
高口强势听力与实战练习
1.专职班主任服务
2.享免费复读
报名
高级口译暑假签约保过班
英语能力口译调查问卷