来源：网络 发布时间：2015-02-09 作者：上外培训网
Part B: Listening Comprehension
Directions: In this part of the test, you will hear several short statements. These statements will be spoken ONLY ONCE, and you will not find them written on the paper; so you must listen carefully. When you hear a statement, read the answer choices and decide which one is closest in meaning to the statement you have heard. Then write the letter of the answer you have chosen in the corresponding space in your ANSWER BOOKLET.
1. (A) The program on Channel Eight reminds me of TV commercials.
(B) The product advertised in the TV commercial cannot help cure my illness.
(C) I don’t watch TV that much, because of the omnipresent advertisements.
(D) I have to sit on the sofa, because I am too sick to stand in front of the television.
2. (A) The plane arrived at 7:30.
(B) The plane arrived at 8:00.
(C) The plane arrived at 9:00.
(D) The plane arrived at 10:00.
3. (A) I’ll ask someone else to read and check this agreement for errors.
(B) I’ll think more about the agreement before making a decision.
(C) It’s obvious that I’ll discuss the agreement with my assistant first.
(D) It’s out of question that I should get into any agreement with you.
4. (A) The better members decided to cancel the meeting.
(B) Less than half of the committee was away on business trips.
(C) It’d be better if no one had attended this morning’s committee meeting..
(D) The meeting was cancelled because of low attendance.
5. (A) Supermarkets in the inner city and the suburbs are usually owned by the same company.
(B) Products in grocery stores are more expensive than those in supermarkets.
(C) There is a price difference for the same product even in shops run by the same company.
(D) People prefer to shop in supermarkets, which are mostly located in the suburbs, with free parking space.
6. (A) Many Americans cannot afford higher education because of the soaring college tuition fees and expenses.
(B) Sending their children to college is no longer a bigger challenge for millions of Americans.
(C) The American government has set the goal that it will eventually stop funding higher education institutions.
(D) Nowadays, American parents have to pay more to send their children to college.
7. (A) For many university graduates, the jobs they take will not be related to their academic achievements.
(B) Because of economic recession, the number of university students majoring in liberal arts is declining.
(C) University students who are interested in liberal arts will have more job opportunities upon graduation.
(D) With high unemployment rate, many university students will have to opt for transferring to other majors.
8. (A) Good business negotiators will never repeat what other people have already restated.
(B) Restating by good business negotiators is not an effective way to check the information.
(C) Good business negotiators are sometimes curious about other people’s restatements.
(D) Restating what others have said is a good strategy for confirming understanding.
9. (A) We cannot reach an agreement, let alone a spoken promise.
(B) We’d better draft and then sign a written agreement.
(C) We generally keep our promises in business transactions.
(D) We hope you understand why we are unable to keep our promises.
10. (A) I don’t think you have more to say on that topic.
(B) I think we’d better talk about that in detail sometime later.
(C) I am truly appreciative if you can elaborate on that topic after lunch.
(D) I am busy right now, so we might as well discuss it over lunch today.